What is Corona Virus and COVID-19?
A virus is something that can make people sick.
One type of Corona Virus that can make people to sick is called COVID-19.
COVID-19 can pass from person to person.
People with COVID-19 may:
1. Have a cough.
2. Have a fever – this is when you get really hot
3. Find it hard to breathe.
It is important to know that people who get a cold or flu may also have these things.
Some people with COVID-19 may not get sick. But they can still pass the virus to another person.
It can take up to 14 days from the time a person has been around someone with COVID-19 to when they get sick.
When a person has COVID-19 they can spread droplets onto things or people around them when they:
4. Touch other people like shaking hands.
5. Touch surfaces or objects that someone else then touches.
Droplets are very small bits of liquid that come out of a person’s nose or mouth.
The droplets could have the COVID-19 virus in them.
Surfaces and objects are things like:
2. Kitchen benches.
3. Door handles.
There are some important things that everyone can do to stop the spread of COVID-19.
1. Stay away from people who are unwell with a cold or flu.
2. Stay home if you feel unwell.
3. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
4. Throw away any tissues that you use.
5. Cough or sneeze into your elbow if you have no tissues.
Make sure you wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds:
1. After coughing or sneezing.
2. After blowing your nose.
3. Before eating or touching food.
4. After using the toilet.
5. After helping children wipe their noses.
6. After caring for sick people.
If there is no water or soap you can use hand sanitiser.
Another important thing you can do is try not to touch your:
It is also a good idea to clean surfaces and objects that you use a lot.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 you can call Healthline on: 0800 358 5453.