Te Tiaki i tō hapori
Protecting your community
It is now the law that you record everywhere you go and when.
Use the COVID TRACER app to scan the QR Code at the places you visit or
- Keep a diary and leave a record or
- Sign a provided form
How Contact tracing helps
Contact tracing helps to find people faster who may be at risk of COVID-19. The COVID tracer app records:
- The places you visited
- The date and time you visited
- Other people who were there to
Health services use this information to help stop the spread of COVID 19.
Download the app to your device here:
Or register online here: Contact tracer registration
More information about the NZ COVID Tracer app
Face Masks and Coverings
Updated — 19 August
The law says you must now wear a face mask if you go out in public.
You also need to wear a face-covering on public transport and at departure points
- Face masks help prevent COVID-19 from spreading, and keeps you and others safe.
- Face masks help stop saliva droplets in the air when someone is
- Coughing or
- This includes a person who has COVID-19, but thinks they are well and does not have obvious symptoms.
- If you don't have a face mask, you can make or buy one.
Wear a face mask that is clean, dry, and not damaged